Sometimes, while using the QuickBooks desktop version, you may come across an error message, that is the Quickbooks error 6073. Once the error message 6073 crops up, you can access the QuickBooks no longer and thus, it will hamper all your necessary works. This can be a serious issue for any company’s accounting requirements as well. Hence, you need to take immediate steps to remove the error code 6073 from the QuickBooks accounting software.
Therefore, to get rid of this annoying problem, you can try some effective fixes. Here, in this content, we have listed some of the easiest fixes of doing so. Hence, go through this post thoroughly and apply them accordingly.
Know the Reasons for QuickBooks Error 6073
Error 6073 on QuickBooks can occur due to various causes. The causes are:
- Firstly, the file which you want to open, that file is perhaps already seen by other people in the single user mode.
- Secondly, the company file you want to access is stored in the read-only mode.
- Due to using a different Operating System.
Apart from these, there are several reasons for the error 6073 as well. But, whatever, the reasons, you need to fix the error anyhow. So, go through this article and find the best solution in order to fix the error message 6073.
Wipe Out QuickBooks Error 6073 with Effective Solution
To resolve the issue to need to perform some necessary steps. Just follow the instructions and apply them as they are:
Method # 1: Update QuickBooks
An outdated version of QuickBooks accounting software is responsible for the error 6073. To fix this frustrating error, you need to update the accounting software. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Launch the QuickBooks accounting software on your screen.
- Go to the Settings option. In the Settings option, you will find the Update option. Click on that.
- After selecting the update option, check any latest version launched or not. If available, then update the software accordingly. To apply the changes to your system, restart the system. But before proceeding to the fixes, you need to make sure that you have a high-speed internet connection.
Method # 2: Single User Mode on Host
As we mentioned earlier, if you want to open a file and the file already opened by others in single mode, you can encounter this error. Therefore, if you switch it to multiple user options then your job is done. But, before performing the steps, you need to ensure that all the QuickBooks application closed in all the computer desktop. To perform so, follow the below section:
- First, on the host computer, you need to open the Company file.
- Go to the Settings option.
- After that, switch to the multi-user mode from the single-mode user and reboot your system.
Later, check the status of the error code 6073.
Method # 3: Update the Windows OS
The QuickBooks error 6073 can appear when you are using an outdated version of the Windows Operating System. So, follow the steps which are mentioned in the below section and make sure that the Windows OS up-to-date:
First, on the Windows logo and then, navigate to the Windows Update from the list of programs.
Then, follow the instruction to Update the system’s Operating System. After updating the OS, install it on your system and check the error resolves
Method # 4: System and Transaction log files are hidden
- Head to the “My Computer“ option.
- Then, select the Tools option from there.
- After that, select the Folder options and press on the View option.
- Next, select Display hidden folders and files and hit on the Ok option.
- After that, close My Computer tab which was opened by you in the first step.
- Then, expand the state file folder and take a look at the web data and transaction log files as well.
- Press on the web data option and then, hit on the Properties option.
- Delete the Hidden section and click on the Ok option.
Hope, after reading the context and applying the above methods accordingly, you can fix the QuickBooks error 6073 by yourself. This post is completely written on behalf of the users, and we wish that every part of it prove beneficial for your workplace.