QuickBooks error 6150 is one of the most familiar errors which many users encounter. The error 6150 is caused due to some technical faults while creating or working on your company files in QuickBooks. Sometimes, it happens during installation or during the Windows startup and/or Shutdown processes. This error creates a serious disturbance on your Windows system and crashes your Windows frequently. Moreover, it seems so annoying when you are on your desktop and every time a notice pop-ups on your screen which says “QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file”.
So, if you’re dealing with the same situation and don’t know what to do and how you can solve this issue, then this article will definitely guide you to resolve this problem. In this content, we will talk about some probable causes of the error 6150 and also its alarms. Furthermore, we will also share with you the top-notch solutions to deal with this error. We recommend you to go through this content to sort out this issue as soon as possible.
Most Probable Causes of the QuickBooks error 6150
There are various probable causes which lead to the display of this error message. If the company file or the QBW file is damaged, or you’ve created a portable backup file, then it might cause an error 6150. A damaged or corrupted installation of QB or opening a .qbm portable file without opening the QuickBooks also results in a QuickBooks error 6150. Sometimes, a wrongly typed extension for the QuickBooks files which you’ve changed or if you have tried to save a Macintosh file in QuickBooks for Windows can also lead to this error 6150. Moreover, if your company files have got infected with viruses or other malware, then it will also cause a QuickBooks error 6150.
Basic Alerts of QuickBooks error 6150
If your computer crashes frequently while running the same program, then be sure that your system got affected with QuickBooks error 6150. The error 6150 crashes all the active programs on Windows. In addition, it also slows down the mouse and the keyboard input. The error also freezes your system for a few seconds at a time. However, it is a common issue and you can easily resolve this by performing a few methods. In the next section, we will explore all the top-methods to escape from this error as soon as possible.
Top 4 Methods to Fix A QuickBooks Error 6150
Here are some methods which help you to resolve this issue. We recommend you to go through all the methods and their steps one by one:
Method 1: Restore the company files from backup
Restoring your company file from the backup is a very effective way to get rid of from this error. Here are some steps mentioned below to go through this method:
- Go to your QuickBooks application and hit a click on “File” to launch “Open or Restore company”.
- Now, take “Restore a backup copy” option from the list and then, hit a click on “Next” to proceed.
- Once a new window opens, find “Local backup” from the menu and hit a click on the “Next” button.
- Choose the “Company file” backup option from “Look-In” drop-down menu and then, select “Backup” which is available with “.qbb” extension file.
- Now, hit a click on “Open” and then click on the “Next” button to go “Save-In” drop-down menu.
- Browse for a preferred location to restore the backup file in the “File-name” field.
- Enter a new company file name and check that save file which is restored in “.qbw” format.
- Hit a click on “Yes” and then, type “Yes” on that box to overwrite the process.
Once done with all the steps correctly, your computer will start restoring the company file from backup. Restart the computer once done with the process and check whether the issue is gone. If the error still persists, go with another method below:
Method 2: Build a New QuickBooks Desktop File from Scratch
Creating a new QuickBooks desktop file from scratch is another method which helps you to resolve the error 6150. The feature allows you to store your company’s financial reports in QuickBooks and that’s why you need to work on in this presentation. To build a QuickBooks desktop file, follow the steps below:
- Open the QuickBooks application on your desktop and navigate to “Create a new company” from the “No Company Open” window.
- Navigate to QuickBooks setup Window to fill-in the required information and then, click on “Create Company”.
Once done with these steps, you are no longer allowed to access your old data and you cannot share your desktop file over the internet network. Restart your desktop and check whether the issue is gone. If the error still persists, continue with the next method.
Method 3: Recover the lost data with the QB Auto-recovery
The (ADR) Auto Data Recovery method allows you to recover all the lost or corrupted data. It is a faster way to recover all the data in QuickBooks Desktop. This method helps to get over the error 6150. Follow the steps below to recover the lost data with QB auto-recovery.
- Using the current transaction log file, recreate the lost transactions using a copy of the “Company file”.
- Use a “company file” and a “Transaction log file” to recreate complete data for the first few hours of the transaction.
Once done with these steps, your accountant solutions are no longer available and the file size is limited to 1.5 GB only. Restart your desktop once completed with this method. If the issue still persists, try another method below.
These are some top-notch solutions as mentioned above in this content. You can apply these solutions to get rid of this error issue. Hope this article was beneficial enough to guide you on how to deal with the situations if you got a QuickBooks error 6150. In case, the error persists, better you take help from a computer expert or leave your system to a professional hand. We recommend you to leave us a comment to let us know about your opinion.