QuickBooks error code 80070057 appears on the screen while users trying to open a company file. It indicates that the users do not have enough permission to access that file from a particular folder. In those instances, you must have “read”, “write”, “create” and “delete” all this access of that company file.
This error is quite annoying and frustrating too. You might be restricted to open that file and an error message of “80070057, incorrect parameter” constantly showing up on the screen leaving the users puzzled.
If you are also getting the same error code then as soon as possible you have to fix the issue. So, take a glance at this entire article and follow them as mentioned.
Why QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 Displays on the Screen?
There are ample reasons that are responsible for this particular error code. To fix this issue from the root, then you should know the reasons at first. Here we will discuss the major reasons behind the error.
- If the company file extension was changed then QuickBooks can’t read that file and you face the same error.
- If the file you are trying to open is located on USB flash drive then the code may appear on the screen.
- Due to the incomplete or damaged installation of QuickBooks users get this code.
- When you are going to open a portable file without having the QuickBooks access then it is pretty possible to encounter the same error code.
- If you are using a third-party firewall that is not compatible with QuickBooks then the error code might appears.
- If the security software is blocking access to the files then it can cause the same error code.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057 Immediately!
Here, in this section, we will state the most reliable solutions that can help you to get rid of the error on your own. So, try out all the solutions one by one without any discrepancies.
Solution 1: Verify the Company File Name
This is the primary solution that can fix the error code from your device. At first, you have to verify the extension of that company file by following the steps.
- First of all, choose the company file by right-clicking on it.
- After that, find the Properties option and tap on it.
- Now, navigate to the QuickBooks option and write down the file extension from here.
- Paste the file extension in the Filename box and tap on OK.
Solution 2: Change the Extension
If the first solution is not helpful for you then you can try out this one. To do so, at first you have to create a new folder. After that, copy the company file from here and paste it into a new folder. Then, navigate to the new folder and select it by right-clicking.
Choose the Rename option and here you have to change the file extension to “.qbm”. If you want to save the changes then tap anywhere on the screen. After that, you need to restore the Portable by starting QuickBooks Desktop.
But if you still encounter the same problem while opening QuickBooks then rename the extension to “.qbb” and press Enter. Now, start QB convert to an accounting copy and launch Windows Explorer. Move to choose the File icon.
Then, select a new folder by right-clicking on it. Here, you have to copy the “Companyfile.QBW” from the Flash drive. Now, paste the file name in a new folder. At the final step, launch QuickBooks Desktop and start a new folder.
Solution 3: Rename .ND and .TLG Files
The .ND and .TLG files are mainly part of your QuickBooks software files. These extension files contain the configuration and settings that are necessary to access the files. By any chance, if the extension files get corrupted then error 80070057 might occur.
In those instances, you have to rename the files. To do the same you have to go through the steps stated in the next section.
At the initial step, move to the particular folder that contains the file. After that, search the files that have the same file name as your extensions. Here, you have to select each and every file by right-clicking and tap on the Rename option. Here, you have to add OLD at the end of each file.
Finally, restart your device and also QuickBooks. Now, you may access your data.
All the steps that are given here are proved and can assist you to sort out the problem on your own. Remember not to make any mistake while implementing the solutions.
If you ever face any difficulties regarding any solution then get in touch with experts. As well as you can also install the QuickBooks file doctor to eliminate the error from your device.