Nowadays, QuickBooks error H505 has become the most common error code which users encounter while switching into multi-user mode. This problem can occur if the company files are not located on your device. An improper configuration of the files can cause this problem as well.
Easy Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H505
There are several methods that you can try in order to resolve quickbooks H505. Try to follow all the methods given below carefully.
Fix 1: Verify the Hosting Process
Basically, the error code appears in the multi-user environment where one system serves as a host, you need to ensure that the hosting option is turned on only on the host computer. To check that follow the steps mentioned below for all workstation computers.
- First, double-click on the QuickBooks accounting software to launch it on your system. Thereafter, move to the File section and then click on Utilities.
- Now, you may see either of the two options.
- Host Multi-User Access – This means that hosting has been turned off.
- Stop Hosting Multi-User Access – This indicates that the workstation computer is mistakenly acting as a host.
- In case you see the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User access’ option, click on it to stop the workstation computer from being a host. Repeat this process for all workstation computers. Do not turn it off for the host computer.
After doing so, try to access the company files and check whether you are getting the same error code or not. Otherwise, move to the next section.
Fix 2: Check QuickBooks System Services
You may encounter the QuickBooks error H505 if its system services such as QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService are not running properly. Hence, check these processes by following the steps below.
- Launch the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows logo button and the letter ‘R’ at the same time. There, type ‘services.msc’ and press the Enter button. If you are using Windows 10, then you can access Services by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together. This will launch the Task Manager option where you have to navigate to the Services tab. .
- Now, locate QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService from the list. Right-click on the services and choose the Properties option.
- After that, go to the Startup type and set it to Automatic. Next, close the dialogue box and make sure that the service is running.
- If the services are Stopped, then right click on it and choose Start.
Now, the services should run properly. Try to open the company files to check whether the problem still appears or not.
Fix 3: Configure Firewall Settings for QuickBooks
A third-party antivirus or firewall can prevent the QuickBooks accounting software from accessing the internet properly. This is one of the reasons how QuickBooks error H505 can occur. Thus, you need to properly configure their settings to allow unrestricted internet to the application. To do that, follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
- Press the Start button and then move to the Control Panel section. Thereafter, navigate to the System and Security section.
- Now, find out the Windows Firewall from the list. Next, click on the Advanced options and highlight Inbound Rules located in the left section of the system screen.
- Thereafter, right-click on Inbound Rules and then go to the New Rules section. Then, choose Port under the Rule section.
- Thereafter, click on the TCP from the first set of radio buttons and then choose the option for “Specific local ports”.
- Here, enter the following port details.
- QuickBooks 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377.
- QuickBooks 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382.
The latest versions of QuickBooks i.e. 2019 and 2020 use dynamic ports. These port numbers are assigned during the initial installation. You can find this by searching and launching the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. There, go to Port Monitor and note down the port number. After that, enter the details in the local ports text bar of the Firewall configuration window.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Allow the Connection’ option and then press the Next button.
- After doing so, select the network type and then switch from one network to another.
- Once done, click on the Next button. Do the same processes in order to change the Outbound Rules.
Once you have completed the above steps, close all the tabs. Now, check the status of the error code.
Fix 4: Configure Host Files on Windows
If the above methods have failed, then try to edit the host files in order to whitelist QuickBooks’ Web server. For this, you need to have Administrator Access. Thereafter, follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
- First, launch the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows and R key together. Now, type ‘cmd’ in the Run window and hit the Enter button to open Command Prompt.
- Now, type “ipconfig /all” in the Command box and press the Enter key.
- Next, make a note of the Host and the IP address as well. Now, you need to edit the Windows Hosts File.
- To do so, exit from the QuickBooks accounting software and then go to the Start section. Now, click on ‘This PC’ and navigate to one of the following file directory.
- After that, right-click on the Hosts file and open the file in a Notepad. Now, enter the IP address along with the Host name. Lastly, save the new changes and close the notepad.
Hopefully, you will no longer encounter the QuickBooks error code H505 after performing these methods. Simply, go through all the steps and then check which one is suitable for you to perform.