QuickBooks Online is one of the most popular cloud-based financial management software. This software helps the users to manage their businesses, financial reports and other accounting tasks in a simple manner.
Despite being a popular online accountant, it is not free from technical bugs and glitches. While working in QuickBooks Online, users often experience various kinds of login errors.
If you come across any QuickBooks Online login problems while working with it, you can follow the underlying dedicated methods to resolve them.
List of QuickBooks Online Login Errors
Various problems might arise while using QuickBooks Online. But, we are going to mention the most commonly occurring errors. So, have a look below:
- Display a “Loading” message on your browser but, nothing loads up.
- The “My Company” option redirects to the Sign-in screen automatically.
- “The services are not available” error notification pops up on the screen.
- Seeing “QBO is temporarily unavailable, please try again later” error message.
- Sometimes, “The requested webpage could not be found” appears on the screen.
- “Error 404 file not found” shows up frequently.
To troubleshoot these problems on QuickBooks Online, you need to know its underlying causes.
Recommended: How to login to Quickbooks Online?
Causes of QuickBooks Login Problems
Have a look below and learn why you are getting QuickBooks login errors.
- Users didn’t sign out from the previous QuickBooks Online session.
- You are trying to log in to the QuickBooks in any different device.
- The security suite or Windows Firewall blocks access to QuickBooks Online.
- Certain issues in your device or the QuickBooks application.
- Internet fluctuation restricts you to reach QuickBooks Online.
Now, we hope you are well accustomed to the potential causes of QuickBooks Online login problems. Therefore, proceed to the troubleshooting section and resolve the errors effectively.
Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Online Login Problems
Here are the effective methods that you can try in order to resolve the QuickBooks login errors. So, without hesitation, follow the undying dedicated methods and sort out the problem on your own.
Method 1: Try to Use a Private Browsing Window
A majority of users claim that after using a private browsing window to log in to QuickBooks Online, the problems get resolved.
Therefore, you can press the combination of the Ctrl+Shift+N and it will open a new tab in incognito mode. Once you access the private browsing window, try to log in to QuickBooks Online.
After using the private browsing window if you are still facing login problems, then try the next methods.
Method 2: Remove the Browser’s History or Cache
Sometimes, your browser history and cache might be corrupted due to certain reasons. As a result, you might face problems during the QuickBooks login process, specifically in Chrome.
To resolve such problems, we suggest you clear the corrupted browser history and cache. Follow these instructions in order to apply this solution.
- Open the Chrome browser and hit the “More” button.
- From the appeared menu, choose “More Tools” and hit the “Clear browsing data” option.
- Thereafter, select the applicable time range to “All Time”.
- Now, choose the options you want to remove or clear. Then, hit the “Clear Data” button
- From the confirmation window, choose the “OK” button.
After you clear the browser history and cache, reboot your device and verify whether the QuickBooks Online login problems persist.
Method 3: Check the Antivirus Software
Sometimes, antivirus software restricts you when you’re trying to access the QuickBooks Online. Therefore, the simplest way to counter the restriction is to disable the antivirus software temporarily. To do this, follow the underlying instructions
Instructions to Disable Antivirus Software
- Hit the Start icon in order to open the “Start menu”.
- Now, go to the “Settings” and choose the “Update and Security”.
- Once you access it, scroll through the available options and look for “Windows Security”. You might find this option on the upper left side of the screen.
- Under Windows Security, choose the “Virus and Threat Protection”.
- Next, go to the “Virus & threat protection settings” and look for the “Windows Defender”.
- Tap on the “Real-Time Protection” and drag the option from “On” to “Off”. Save the recent changes by tapping on the “Apply” as well as the “OK” button.
After you disable the antivirus, reboot your device and try to log in to QuickBooks Online again.
Method 4: Update the Browser
After disabling the antivirus suite if QuickBooks Online not working with Chrome, then you might be using an outdated web browser. To overcome this, you need to update the Chrome browser to its latest version.
- On your device, invoke the Google Chrome browser.
- Hit the 3-dots icon located at the top right corner.
- From the appeared menu, choose “Help”. Here, you will find the option to update Google Chrome.
- Tap on the “Relaunch” button and stick to the further instructions if using an outdated version.
Note- While proceeding with these instructions if you didn’t find the “Update Google Chrome” button, then you are using the newest version.
Method 5: Reinstall the QuickBooks
If you are using an outdated version of QuickBooks, then you might face such kind of login errors. To get rid of such situations, you can install the QuickBooks to its latest version. In order to proceed with the method, follow the underlying steps.
- Firstly, open the “Settings” and choose the “Apps and Features” option.
- Under the “Apps and Features”, you will find all the applications and programs that are installed on your device.
- Scroll through the applications until you find the “QuickBooks”. Now select it and hit the “Uninstall” button.
Note: After you perform this instruction, you will be prompted to confirm the process. Therefore, hit the “OK” button from the pop-up menu.
- Reboot your device when the QuickBooks application is removed from your device. Thereafter, visit the official website of Intuit and check for the available updates.
- If the updates are available, follow the on-screen guidelines in order to complete the installation process.
After performing these instructions, hopefully, you will get rid of the QuickBooks Online login problems.