Using QuickBooks to send Emails from Outlook is one of the most convenient features of QuickBooks Desktop. It saves a lot of time and most importantly, it will save a copy of the sent document for future references. However, users can get the “QuickBooks is unable to send your Emails to Outlook” error message from time to time. Usually, this message is displayed if Outlook’s settings are misconfigured by mistake. Some other reasons for this problem include the following –
- Running QuickBooks as an administrator
- Incorrect email settings of your email account
- Damaged MAPI32.dll file
- Outdated version of Outlook
Effective Solutions to Resolve ‘QuickBooks unable to send Email’ Error
Here are some effective ways to enable QuickBooks to send emails through outlook once again.
Fix 1: Configure your Email Preferences in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks and click on the Edit menu. Next, select Preferences and click on Send Forms from the new column under Preferences.
- After that, navigate to My Preferences tab and click on it.
- Here, change the current email preference and select Outlook as the new email sending option.
- Click OK to save your changes.
If the error still persists while sending an email, then toggle your email preferences once again.
- Select the Edit menu and then select Preferences.
- Select Send Forms from the menu. Then go to the My Preferences tab.
- Select QuickBooks Email or Webmail, and then OK. This toggles your preference off.
- Repeat the steps. Go back to the My Preferences tab and select Outlook. Then select OK.
- Close QuickBooks and all other open programs.
- Restart your computer.
Fix 2: Do not Run QuickBooks in Administrative Mode
- To switch the QuickBooks to non-administrative mode, start by right clicking on the QuickBooks icon.
- Now, select Properties from the menu and then go to the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck the Run this Program as Administrator option.
- Next, update your QuickBooks and Outlook programs.
- Finally, reboot the computer.
Try to send a mail from QuickBooks through Outlook and check if the error still persists. Users have claimed that they were able to fix the issue by switching QuickBooks to non-administrative mode.
Fix 3: Repair the MAPI32.dll file if damaged
Messaging Application Programming Interface or MAPI is a Microsoft Windows Component which is used as a bridge to communicate through messages with the QuickBooks Desktop. Now, if this file is damaged or misconfigured, then you’ll get the QuickBooks unable to send email error notification.
First, you need to check if the file is indeed damaged or not. You can do this following the steps given below.
- Open any existing document from Microsoft Word docs.
- Now, send that document to your own mail id as a PDF attachment by clicking on the Mailing menu.
- After that, if you see the error notification, “QuickBooks is unable to send your Emails to Outlook”, then the MAPI32.dll file is not damaged.
Now, if you send the mail from MS Word, and face this error then repair the file using these steps-
- End all the running files.
- Go to the directory and open it with the path c:\windows\system32.
- Now, navigate to Fixmapi.exe and double click on it.
- Next, follow the instructions as prompted.
After completing all these steps, the MAPI32.dll file will be repaired. Finally, reboot your computer and send a mail from QuickBooks to test for the error. The email problem should be resolved by now.
Fix 4: Reinstall QuickBooks
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager. There, find and end all the processes related to QuickBooks.
- After that, press the Windows logo button with the letter ‘R’ at the same time. Here, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press Enter.
- Next, find and uninstall QuickBooks application and reboot your PC.
- Once the system boots up, visit the official website of QuickBooks and download the latest version.
- Run the downloaded file as an Administrator and follow the instructions for installing the software on your system.
- Next, login to your QuickBooks account by entering your login credentials.
- Finally, open the company file and try to send any email through Outlook. If the email is sent without any trouble then well and good but if the error still pops up then move on to the next fix to resolve it.
These are the most effective and practical solutions that helped several users resolve the ‘QuickBooks unable to send your email to Outlook’ problem. You may have to contact the System Administrator if you’re still facing this problem. Users who work through the Rights Network are more likely to face this issue. However, it can be fixed by contacting and communicating the problem with the network admin.