For better business experiences, there are some effective business softwares. These help you to work in a systematic way and Quickbooks is one of them.
It is an accounting tool that helps to meet daily business needs. But if you are unable to proceed with Quickbooks payroll update, then it can lead to Quickbooks error 15106.
Here, we are going to provide the most effective ways to deal with this technical glitch. Let’s begin!
Major Causes Behind Quickbooks Update Error 15106
This error can occur due to certain major factors. Before you proceed to the solution part, let’s understand the causes which are responsible for this error.
- The first reason can be the Spy Sweeper. Spy sweeper is antivirus software that suspects the Quickbooks payroll update and creates problems.
- The next issue can be administrative access. Maybe you are not logged in as an administrator.
- The UAC settings in your computer can also trigger this issue.
These are the possible reasons that can lead to this payroll unable to update errors in Quickbooks.
How to Resolve the Quickbooks Error Code 15106 Issue?
Follow the methods in the exact sequence to avoid the generation of problems in the near future.
Fix 1: Remove Spy Sweeper From Your Device
The first thing you need to do is, remove Spy Sweeper from your device. Spy sweeper can be the main issue for this particular error. In order to remove it, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the ‘’Add/Remove Programs’’ and locate Spy Sweeper.
- Tap on it and select the Uninstall option.
- Now, follow the directions and uninstall the software from your device.
After removing it, check if the issue still persists or not.
Fix 2: Log In As An Administrator
As discussed earlier, not having administrative privileges is one of the greatest reasons for Quickbooks Error 15106. To enable the administrative privileges, do follow the points given below:
- First, open the Run box by pressing Windows+R keys together. Here, type “Control Panel” and hit Ok.
- Now, visit the User Account and locate your name on the right side of the screen.
- “Administrator” will appear right below your name, if you are logged in as an Admin. If not, then you need to log in as an admin first and then follow the steps.
But what if you are already logged in as an administrator? In that case, right-click on the Quickbooks tool and select the option “Run As Administrator”.
Perform the above-mentioned steps and hopefully, this will help you to access the software as an administrator.
Fix 3: Disable the User Account Control (UAC)
For turning off the User Account Control, follow the steps-
- Press Windows+R for opening the Run box and type “Control Panel”.
- Hit Ok and open the panel.
- Click on the ‘’System and Security’’ option and then look for ‘’Security and Maintenance’’.
- You can see ‘’User Control Account’’ in the options list.
- Tap on ‘’Change Settings’’ and select the option ‘’Never Notify’’. Finally, click Yes when UAC asked.
Hopefully, after implementing the steps, you will be able to resolve the problem. Try to keep the system up-to-date in order to avoid such problems.