Quickbooks Update Error 404 is basically observed when you are trying to install the QuickBooks application on your PC or laptop. Sometimes, it also might happen that the Windows getting shut down while installing Quickbooks software. Whenever you face this issue, it is recommendable to track the error at first and also the time of occurence of it. With this, you can easily detect what is causing this particular error in your Quickbooks and you will get help while troubleshooting the issue. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to check every possible reason to stop the recurrence of this event. This article will guide you with the best fixes for the Quickbooks Update Error 404.
Major Causes of QuickBooks Error 404:
There can be a variety of reasons which can be responsible for the occurence of Quickbooks Update Error 404 in your PC. Some of the most popular causes are discussed in the below section:
1. Quickbooks Software gets corrupted while downloading as well as installation is going on.
2. Windows registry gets corrupt owing to certain changes like installation as well as uninstallation of Quickbooks related software.
3. It can also happen if your system is infected with malware. This can hamper Windows System Files as well as Quickbooks related system files.
4. Major changes, as well as program updates, can hamper the installation of the Quickbooks related files.
The Quickbooks Update Error 404 can occur because of several factors. Henceforth, you need to adopt appropiate fixes for each and every cause. Let’s have a look at some of the troubleshooting fixes
Quick-Fix the QuickBooks Error 404 With Effective Troubleshooting Steps:
You can try this basic procedure to fix the Quickbooks Update Error 404. For that, act in accordance with the steps provided below:
1. First, you need to login to the system as an Admin user.
2. Examine the internet connection settings on your phone. In order to accomplish that, follow the below steps:
- Just open the Internet Explorer and open an unusual website which you don’t do on a regular basis. It can be a bank site. You will receive a popup which asks you to connect to the internet.
- If the internet gets connected using Internet Explorer, then you can download the update.
3. After that, ensure that the Internet Explorer is set up properly through proper configuration.
4. Then, you need to reconfigure the internet connection for Quickbooks. For that, you have to consider these steps:
- Move to the Help option, and choose the Internet Connection Setup.
- Now, choose to Use my Computer Internet Connection Setting. After that, move to Quickbooks again to launch the internet connection which is necessary to access it.
- Then, click on Next and press Done option.
- Finally, do a proper reset of the QuickBooks updates.
5. Now, you need to repair the registry entries associated with error 404.
6. Perform a thorough scan to examine malware infection in your machine.
7. Please ensure to clean all the system junk files most importantly the Temporary Files and Folders.
8. However, if you think that there is a wrong step, then use Windows System Restore to undo the Recent System Changes.
9. Update all the System Device drivers.
10. It is advisable to uninstall as well reinstall the program connected with QuickBooks Error 404. For that, you need to run the Windows System File Checker. Please ensure the installation of the recent Windows updates and then, run the Windows installation.
Repair Registry Entries Connected With Error 404:
Often it is found that if the error occurs due to the problematic Registry entries, then repairing them will probably solve this error. To repair them, follow the steps described below:
1. First of all, press the Start button.
2. Then, you have to write “command” in the search box.
3. Press Enter while holding CTRL-Shift.
4. You will receive a permission dialog box. Then, press Yes.
6. You will find the black box containing a blinking cursor.
7. Write regedit and then, press Enter.
8. Choose Error 404 in the registry editor option.
9. Select Export option present in the File Menu. You will find a lot of folders in the Save In list. Choose the folder where you wish to reload the QuickBooks backup key.
11. Write a name in the File Name box order to keep a backup file. Please ensure that the Selected Branch option is selected present in the Export Range box.
13. Press Save option. As soon as you do this, it will save automatically with a .reg file extension.
15. Also, you will find a backup of QuickBooks-related registry entry.
Check Firewall and Antivirus Settings:
If the reason behind the occurence of Quickbooks update error is a problem in the settings of firewall and antivirus, then you can check it by going through the below steps:
1. Press the Start button in the desktop and write Firewall in the search box.
2. Now, press the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
3. Go through the firewall settings if it has blocked the Quickbook Services from connecting to the Internet.
4. Delete the Quickbook service which is blocked.
5. If this process doesn’t work, then you need to open the antivirus application firewall. After that, you should remove the Quickbook service from the blocked list.
Scan the Windows for any Infections
In order to perform this troubleshooting step, you may require an antivirus application installed on Windows System. If there is already a pre-installed antivirus, then perform proper scanning for removal of the antivirus infection, else you can also download a malware removal tool.
Fix QuickBooks Update Error 404 as a Desktop App
Through the repair of the QuickBooks Update Error 404, you can repair the application error which will lead to the removal of 404 error message from QuickBooks.Moreover, if repairing does not help, then you have to reinstall the application.
In a nutshell, we can say that these troubleshooting steps will help you resolve the issue pertaining to QuickBooks Update Error 404. Moreover, you can also refer to the Quickbooks basic user’s manual, if you face any kind of urgent issues.