Sometimes, while trying to update QuickBooks, an unexpected error code 15215 pops up. Moreover, the update is not completed and this can be very upsetting. Because with the latest updates, QuickBooks becomes easier and more useful. With an older version of QuickBooks, you can miss several important features that every updated version provides. Commonly known as QuickBooks error 15215, thus presents users with a difficult situation where they are unable to update and/or access the newer features of QuickBooks. If you are a QuickBooks user and are encountering this 15215 error on it, then you need to go through this article thoroughly. Here, in this article, we have provided the solutions to this error, and after following them, you should be able to resolve QuickBooks update error 15215 by yourself.
Fix QuickBooks Error 15215: Steps And Procedure
Mentioned below are the solutions to QuickBooks error 15215. Make sure to follow them in the order given. You may not need to perform all the fixes. Just go through them one by one, until it resolves.
Solution 1: Reinstall the Digital Signature Certificate
QuickBooks error 15215 is most often related to digital signature certificates and you need to install the correct one, so that you can update QuickBooks. Here’s how to do that:
- In your Windows Search menu, search for QBW32.exe or navigate to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks and locate the QBW32.exe file.
- Right-click on the said file and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Go the tab named Digital Signatures and make sure to select ‘Intuit’ from the list of available signatures.
- Next, go to the Details tab and click on View Certificate.
- Look for a button named Install Certificate, click on it followed by Next. Wait till the certificate is installed. Click Finish when the process completes.
Now, check if this process resolves your issue by trying to update QuickBooks again.
Solution 2: Correct your Date and Time Settings
If the date and time on your PC are incorrectly set, you need to first correct those settings in order to resolve this QuickBooks error 15215. Follow these steps in order to do that:
- Open the Start Menu> Settings> Time and Language> Date and Time.
- Make sure that the date and time are correctly set. If not, then make the corrections and after that click OK.
Solution 3: Allow connection in Firewall
Firewalls can prevent QuickBooks from installing the updates. The first thing you need to make sure is that you are not running more than one Firewall. The process mentioned below is a guide on how to make the necessary tweaks in Windows Firewall.
- Go to Control panel> System and Security> Windows Firewall.
- Click on Advanced Settings and then, highlight Inbound Rules.
- Right-click on Inbound Rules and select New rule.
- Under the type of Rule, select Port.
- Next, under Protocols and Ports, select TCP and specific local ports.
- For QuickBooks updates to work properly you need to add the following ports:
- 2018 QuickBooks: 8019,56728,55378-55382
- 2017 QuickBooks: 8019,56728,55378-55377
- Now, under Action, select Allow the connection.
- Select your network type, and click on Next.
- Give the rule a proper name and click on Finish.
- Follow the above steps again for Outbound Rules. For doing that, select Outbound Rules in step 2.
Solution 4: Try to Run the Update Yourself
After following the above steps, you need to engage the updating process manually. Follow the steps mentioned below to do that.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Click on Help Menu> Update QuickBooks.
- Select Options> Mark All. Click on Save.
- Click on Update Now.
- Select Reset Updates> Get Updates.
- After completion of the update process, close QuickBooks.
- Reopen it, and if you get a message prompting you to install the updates, click on Yes.
Solution 5: Install the Updates Manually
If none of the above methods helps in resolving the QuickBooks 15215 error, then you can try updating your QuickBooks software by visiting their official site. Just download the update for the version of QuickBooks you are using, save them at some location on your PC, and install them to update your QuickBooks desktop.
These are the steps to resolve QuickBooks error 15215. Hopefully, after following the fixes and applying them correctly, you can resolve the issue by yourself.