QuickBooks is one of the most powerful and sophisticated accounting software all over the world. However, it’s not free from occasional glitches. One of the most common error encountered on QuickBooks is the QuickBooks error code 1612. This usually happens due to damaged system components or incorrect configuration of the Microsoft Windows registry. Sometimes, this error may even show if you are not using an updated version of your Quickbooks software. Moreover, any third-party antivirus software can also be responsible for this error. Incorrect or incomplete installation of QuickBooks software on your system can also result in this error. In this article, you will get to know some easy, quick and tested methods to fix the QuickBooks error code 1612.
Easy Hacks To Fix Quickbooks Error 1612
Restarting your system can fix this issue on your system. So, first, you have to restart your system. Once it is done, check if this error message persists or not. If it is still there, then carefully go through this guide and try the methods that are mentioned below.
Method 1 – Update the Quickbook Software
When you are facing this problem, you need to update your Quickbook software on your system. The steps are given below.
- At first, go to the Quickbooks application
- Then go to the Settings section.
- In the Settings window, navigate to the Update section.
- In that section, you can see if any update is available or not.
- If the update is present, then click on Update option to download the latest version.
- Once it completes, install it.
Method 2 – Update the Operating System
When you see this error code on your screen then you can check whether your OS version is updated or not. Follow the steps as mentioned below.
- Press the Windows Home key + I key to open the Settings application. Alternately, go to the Search box, type Settings and hit the Enter button.
- Go to the Update and Security section.
- In the left side panel, click on the Windows Update section.
- Tap on the Check for updates option. Now the system will check whether the update is available or not.
- If yes, then click on Update option. Now your system will start the updating process.
- Once it is done, restart your system and then check if the problem is resolved.
Method 3 – Repair the Quickbooks Application
After installing the Quickbooks application, if the error still appears then, you can try this method. Check the steps as stated below.
- Click on the Start button to open the menu list. Select Control Panel. Alternately, press the Windows + R keys to launch the Run box, type Control Panel and then hit the Enter button.
- In the Control Panel window, navigate to the Add/Remove Program section.
- In that section, find the Quickbooks application and right click on it.
- Select the Uninstall option.
- Then in the Quickbooks installation page, click on the Repair option. Follow the onscreen instructions carefully to complete the Repair process.
- Once it is completed, restart your system and then check if the Quickbooks opens properly without any error.
Method 4 – SFC Scan
An alternate method that you can try to resolve this issue on your system is an SFC scan. You need to follow the undermentioned steps in order to do that.
- Press the Windows Home button along with the X key to launch the menu list.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin).
- When the Command Prompt window opens, write SFC/scannow and then hit the Enter.
- Once it is executed, reboot your system.
Method 5 – Uninstall the Third-party Security Software
This is a very easy method to resolve the Quickbooks error 1612 on your system. Check the steps given below.
- Go to the Search panel, type Settings and then press the Enter.
- In that window, navigate to the Apps and Programs section.
- Scroll down the page, find the antivirus application, click on the Uninstall option.
- Once it is done, check whether the problem is solved.
Method 6 – Restore your system
If none of the above procedures work for you, you can use System Restore as a last resort. If you do not know how you can perform that, then check the steps which are mentioned below.
- Go to the Search box, type Restore and then press the Enter.
- Click on the System Restore option.
- In the subsequent window, click on the Next button.
- Select the Quickbooks folder and then click on the Next option.
- Then click on the Yes option to start the restore process.
- Once it is done, check if the problem has been resolved.
With the help of the above-mentioned methods, you can easily resolve the Quickbooks error 1612 on your system. Carefully follow these methods and follow the steps one by one to fix this issue.