The QuickBooks Error 3371 occurs while users could not initialize the license properties correctly. While this code appears on the screen you become unable to open your QuickBooks account and few error messages constantly popping up on the display.
Likewise, if you notice “License Properties error 3371” then it indicates that your QuickBooks account is unable to find the license data and as well as unable to open. This occurs due to the damaged file or due to a missing file.
The “License properties error 3371 status code 11118” indicates that some important files are missing from your system. This problem also caused by the corrupted or missing file.
If you find the “Quickbooks Error 3371 status code 11118” message then you can’t be able to activate QuickBooks desktop. Due to missing or damaged file users can face this error message.
Once you find any of the above-mentioned messages or error codes you have to pay special attention to fix it. Hence, if you are also getting the same problem then follow the entire guide and perform the steps exactly in the same way.
Why You Can Get QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
As we have mentioned in the above section that due to missing or corrupted files users face the 3371 error code. But there are some other reasons that are equally culpable for this issue.
- In case the QuickBooks software can’t access the required file then it can create the error.
- If the MSXML components are missing from your device then it lets you retrieve the information from the license component and you can’t start the QuickBooks application from your device.
- Due to the outdated third-party applications, QuickBooks might create the same error. In some cases, those applications block the QuickBooks component and won’t let QuickBooks run properly.
- When you are trying to start QuickBooks without saving that particular file, then it may restrict you from accessing your account.
- If the QBregistration.dat file is not installed properly, then it is pretty possible that error code 3371 annoys you.
Feasible Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3371
To fix the QuickBooks error 3371 at first you should know the exact reason. After knowing the causes follow the below-mentioned methods and eradicate the error from your device.
Solution 1: Install the Windows Updates
The very first thing you have to do is to navigate to the Start or the Windows logo. After that, click on the Search bar and type All Programs in it. Choose All Programs from the list and then tap on the Windows Update option.
Here, you will find list of updates. Choose all the updates available for your device and let them install. Once the installation process gets over, check if the problem still appears or not.
Solution 2: Register the Product
If the first method is not helpful for you then try this one. To do so, at first you have to press down the Windows and the R button at the same time on your keyboard.
Once the Run dialog box opens, click on it. Now, in the blank space type, “C: \ ProgramData \ Intuit \ Entitlement Client \ v8” and press down the Enter button. Now, you will be redirected to the Windows Explorer. Here, you have to remove the ECML file.
Select the file by right-clicking on it and tap on the Delete option. Exit from the window and then Run QuickBooks. You have to register the product and after a few minutes restart your system. Check if the error still appears or not.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks
Updating your QuickBooks software will help you to solve the 3371 error code immediately from your system. To do the same, at first you have to tap on the Help menu and choose the Update QuickBooks option.
After that, choose the option you want to update and tap on Yes for enabling the Automatic Update option. As well as you have to remove the previous update that have already installed in your device. Because it might conflict with the newer version.
But in future, if you disable the Automatic Update option then you will not receive any further notification.
As per our recommendation do not turn off this feature as this is useful for you and reminds you the further updates.
Once you have completed the update process tap on Save and then Close. Hopefully, the error might get solved.
Also Read: How to resolve Quickbooks error 1603?
Solution 4: Close All the Running Applications
- First of all, you have to close QuickBooks from your system and all the applications that are running in the background.
- Then, open the Run windows by pressing the Windows and R button simultaneously.
- Now, type, “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6)” and press the OK button.
- After that, launch the Task Manager and find the processes tab from the list.
- Also, find all “QBW32.EXE” files. Choose, End Task by clicking on it.
- If you find the EntitlementDatastore.ECML file then remove it and reopen the QuickBooks Company file.
- Finally, restart your device and check if the same problem is showing up or not.
Though the QuickBooks error 3371, status code 11118 is quite annoying and difficult to fix we recommend you to follow each and every solution that is mentioned above. But in case if you have any further problems then contacting experts is the correct choice for yours.