QuickBooks is a popular accounting software package mostly used by small and medium scale businessmen. It comes along with a lot of functions and features to make accounting an easy task.
Moreover, you can operate the software through cloud computing as well. However, there are certain error codes that can occur from time to time.
Out of these, the Quickbooks Error Code 6000 series is the most common one. This error occurs whenever a user tries to open a company file.
Various Forms of Quickbook Error Code 6000
Generally, the Quickbooks Error Code 6000 series has further error codes followed by the digits 6000. Therefore, you may see error codes like 6000, 832 or 6000, 107. The following section covers all the error codes and their relevant information.
- 107 – The company file is corrupted on the disk. Usually, this refers to the .TLG file.
- 1076 -QuickBooks Installation was incomplete or simply, corrupted.
- 305 – Either the company file is corrupted or the network setup is misconfigured.
- 82 – There is a faulty in the network setup of the computer.
- 832 – File hosting is turned on or the company file has stopped working.
Easy Methods to Fix Quickbooks Error Code 6000
Here, we will discuss all the possible ways to resolve the Quickbooks Error Code 6000 series. The following solutions will help you to fix any of the above 6000 error series. Thus, go through until your problem is resolved.
First, try out these quick and easy fixes to check if it resolves your problem. These methods can be executed in just a few minutes.
Method 1 – Force Restart QuickBooks
Sometimes, the QuickBooks application may encounter an error and stop working correctly. Therefore, you can try to fix the issue by force restarting the application. You can do this by following the instructions given below.
- Close the QuickBooks application if it is open. Thereafter, close it from the System Tray as well.
- Next, press CTRL + Shift + Esc buttons on your keyboard. This will launch the Task Manager.
- Find and end all the QuickBooks related processes. Lastly, relaunch the application and check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 2 – Grant Admin Rights
For the most part, QuickBooks requires admin privileges to be able to read and write data onto the hard disk. Hence, you may get the Quickbooks Error Code 6000 if this has not been granted.
You can allow this by following the instructions given below.
- Incidentally, close the QuickBooks application. Thereafter, navigate to the application either on the desktop or from the Start menu.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks application and select Properties. There, head over to the Compatibility tab.
- Now, click on the checkbox beside ‘Run as Administrator’. Click on ‘Yes’ if prompted.
- Then, click on Apply and then on Ok. Relaunch the application and see if the problem has been fixed.
Method 3 – Update QuickBooks
Accordingly, you may be facing the Quickbooks Error Code 6000 due to outdated software. Thus, updating it to the latest version may be the key way to fix it. Follow the given steps to update QuickBooks.
- Launch the QuickBooks application and click on the Help menu. There, click on Update QuickBooks.
- Here, click on Reset Update to delete any previous updates from the system. This will help to clear memory space and prevent any future problems.
- Subsequently, click on Update Now and then choose ‘Get Updates’. The software will then search for the latest version and update it automatically.
- After that, relaunch the application and see if the problem still persists.
Automatic Fixing Tools
QuickBooks has a range of tools that can be used to fix issues like the error code 6000. Hence, you can try one of the following mentioned below.
Option 1 – Run QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks tools hub is used to fix any software related issues. Thus, follow the instructions given below to run the program.
- First, open your default web browser and visit the official website of QuickBooks. Next, navigate and find the QuickBooks Tools Hub tool.
- Choose the operating system and download the tool. Thereafter, run the tool as an Administrator.
- Now, head over to Program Problems and click on “Quick Fix my Problem”. The tool will now scan and fix any software related issues.
Once done, relaunch the applications and see if the error code is still appearing or not.
Option 2 – Run Auto Data Recovery
The QuickBooks Auto Data recovery tool can be used to scan and fix corrupt company data. Hence, go through the given instructions to use the tool.
- Go to your default web browser and visit the official website of QuickBooks. Search and download the latest version of Auto Data Recovery.
- Run the file as an administrator and navigate to your company’s file location.
- Thereafter, follow the instructions to run the tool. It will automatically scan and fix any issues that may persist in the system.
After that, open the application and check if the files are loading successfully or not.
Manual Fixing Methods
In case, the automatic methods do not work, you can try the following manual ways to fix the issue.
Solution 1 – Rename .ND and .TLG files
QuickBooks saves the company files in the form of .TLD and .ND files. You may get the Quickbooks Error Code 6000 if these files get corrupted.
Hence, renaming or deleting the files may be able to fix the issue. You can do this by going through the steps below.
- Press Windows + E buttons from the keyboard. Thereafter, head over to the directory where your company file is located.
- Next, find the .TLG and .ND files in the directory. It will have the same name as your company name.
- Right click on the files and either click on Rename or delete. After that, close the window and relaunch the application.
- The software will automatically create new files and the problem should be resolved.
Solution 2 – Change file location of the company
Consequently, you may face the Quickbooks Error Code 6000 if the company files are located in a corrupted disk or various subfolders. In such cases, you can try to access the files by moving it to a new directory.
Go through the instructions given below to do so.
- Open the File Explorer by pressing the Windows key along with the letter E. Next, navigate to the directory where your company files are located.
- Here, find the company file with the .QBW extension. Right-click on it and select Cut.
- Go to a new directory and create a new folder. Right-click on the empty desktop and click on Paste.
- Now, press and hold the Ctrl button on the keyboard. Subsequently, open the QuickBooks application.
- Lastly, click on Open or Restore an Existing company. Navigate to the new directory and select your company. Check if you’re still facing the error or not.
Solution 3 – Check if Hosting is turned on
Most users face the Quickbooks Error Code 6000 if their Hosting is turned on. This holds true for networking users. Therefore, turning it off will help you to get rid of this problem. Go through the following section to turn it off.
- Launch the QuickBooks application and press F2 from your keyboard.
- Next, head over to Local Server Information. Here, you need to find the Hosting option and turn it off.
- Save the settings and relaunch the application. You should not face the Quickbooks Error Code 6000 anymore.
Solution 4 – Disable Firewall or Antivirus Software
Another cause for Quickbooks Error Code 6000 is due to conflicts from a firewall or antivirus. Therefore, you can resolve this issue by temporarily disabling them on the system. You can do this by following the given instructions.
- Press the Windows logo button on the keyboard and type ‘firewall’. Subsequently, press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Next, click on ‘Turn Windows Firewall on or Off’ from the left menu pane.
- Thereafter, turn off Firewall settings from the right menu pane. After that, save the settings and close the Firewall window.
- Now, click on the System tray from the bottom right of the desktop screen. Right-click on the Antivirus program and click on Settings.
- Here, click on Disable and choose the time period for disabling it.
- Save your settings and exit from the window. Relaunch the application and see if the problem has been fixed.
Solution 5 – Repair or Reinstall QuickBooks
As a last resort, you can try to fix Quickbooks Error Code 6000 by repairing or reinstalling it. The procedure for doing this has been given below.
- Press the Windows logo button along with the letter ‘R’ from your keyboard. Here, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press enter.
- Now, you will see the “Programs and Features” window. You will see a list of all the installed applications and software in the system.
- Find and select the QuickBooks application from the list. Right-click on it and select Repair. Follow the instructions as displayed to complete the repair process.
- Relaunch the application and check if Quickbooks Error Code 6000 reappears. In case the problem exists, follow the above steps and choose Uninstall.
- Again, follow the instructions to completely remove it from the system.
After that, head over to the official website of QuickBooks and download the latest version. Run the tool as an Administrator and follow the on-screen instructions to install the program.
Enter your license details and complete the setup process. You should not get the Quickbooks Error Code 6000 anymore. Usually, deleting the .TLG and .ND files should do the trick. In other cases, a complete reinstallation may be required.