QuickBooks is one of the best and most popular accounting software which is used by several small and large scale industries. Even though it is the best accounting software available in the market but it is not completely free from issues. Among all the QuickBooks payment service error, Error 15270 is most common occured problem.
Many QuickBooks user complains that during the download process of a payroll update, a message constantly occurs, which says “Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully The update is missing a file.” This kind of errors irritates the users by causing some accounting management problem for the industries. If you are one of those users who is coming across this error in their Quickbooks software, then follow this article, which is perfect for you. In this article, we will learn how to detect and resolve QuickBooks update error 15270.
Possible Causes Which Led to the QuickBooks Update Error 15270:
Just like all the other error problem, error Code 15270 also does not occur due to any particular or exact reason. There can be several reasons for this kind of update problem. So you have to carefully identify it to fix the error problem with the exact solution. Down below we have provided a list of reasons which can cause the QuickBooks Update Error 15270 in your PC.
- Your internet connection got interrupted during the update process
- During the update process, some QuickBooks function is running in the background of the computer
- If the QuickBooks application is not completely installed or if you install a corrupted file setup.
- Entered an incorrect Employer service key.
- If your device’s Windows version does not match the minimum requirement to download the installation file of QuickBooks.
- If your device got infected by a malware infection, then it also causes the Error 15270.
- Sometimes expired payroll subscription also cause the QuickBooks update interruption.
- When another software accidentally deletes QuickBooks system related file.
Few Simple Tricks to Troubleshoot and Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15270:
Now that you have learned the core reasons of the error Code 15270, you can easily identify what exactly causing the error in your device and according to it, you can select the appropriate method for you.
But in case, you are not able to find the exact reason for the problem, then you can simply go through all the below mentioned methods to get the most appropriate solution to eliminate the error.
Method 1: Check the Network Connection Issue
Before going through any hassle of using complicated technical methods to fix the QuickBooks error, the first thing you should do is check your internet connectivity. Most of the time, the minor reason such as slow internet can interrupt the download and ultimately cause error code 15270. In such a situation, just wait for a few minutes and try the updating process again. If the problem is really caused due to internet connectivity, then your problem will be automatically solved.
Method 2: Set the Internet Explorer as Default
The next thing you should check is that if the Internet Explorer is set as your default internet browser or not. Even though QuickBooks is one of the best accounting application in the business market but it still lacks compatibility. The current version of the QuickBooks is not programmed yet to run at full potential in all kind of internet browser. Thus, it only prefers Internet Explorer to work with. Thus, setting up the Internal explorer as your default browser can eliminate any chances of error..
To set your Internet Explorer as your default browser, follow the steps below:
- Open your Internet Explorer from your Windows device and click the Gear option from the top right corner of the Window.
- After you select the Gear icon, choose the Internet Options from the given list
- When the new window open, select the Programs tab and then, click on the Make Default option.
- Once you’re done, click on the Ok button and then select the Apply button to save the changes.
Method 3: Verifying Payroll Service Key
If the above-mentioned procedure fails to solve the problem, then the next thing you should try is checking your Payroll Service Key. To verify it, you have to follow the listed below steps:
- First, open the QuickBooks and select the Employees tab. Once you select it, you have to move your mouse pointer to the My Payroll Service and then, click on the Manage Service key from the addition list at the right side.
- Now in the QB Service Key window, you have to click Edit if you see your payroll service in the list. Otherwise, you have to click on the Add button to list down your service and then click on Edit.
- After you click on the Edit button,n a small window will pop-up, Note down the Service Key and press Remove. Once the process is done, click on the Yes option at the confirmation window. By completing these steps, your previous service key will be removed.
- Now, after removing the service key, you have to click on the Add button again.
- Then, you have to simply write down your Service Key, Employer Identification Number. After that, hit the Next and Finish button to save the changes.
- Once the above steps are done, click on the Ok button of the Payroll Update window. Thereafter, you need to check if your payroll subscription is showing active or not.
If you are still encountering QuickBooks Update Error 15270, then proceed on to the next step.
Method 4: Run QuickBooks Reboot.bat file
To use this method, you have to close the QuickBooks Desktop application. Then, right-click on its icon to choose its Properties option. Once you have done that, select the Open File Location and locate the Reboot.bat file from the folder. Now, right-click on the Reboot.bat file and click on the Run as Administrator and wait for few minutes. Your device will register all the QuickBooks files to Windows. Also, it will automatically close the DOS window when the procedure completed. Now, restart your computer to check if the QuickBooks Update Error 15270 is solved.
Method 5: Rename Paysub.ini File on Window
Many QuickBooks user claims that renaming Paysub.ini file can solve the update problem. If no other tricks work for you, then using this method may or may not solve your problem. So let’s try it out.
Paysub.ini is a hidden file on Windows, that’s why without changing few settings you can’t find it normally. To change the setting follow the below mention path:
My Computer -> Organize -> Folder and Search Option -> View tab->Hiden files and Folders -> Check on the Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drivers.
Once you complete the above step click on the Apply button to save the changes and press Ok to proceed to the next step. Now you will be able to view all of the Hidden files in your device.
Now go back to My Computer and type and search Paysub. From the search result find the Paysub.ini and right click on it to select the Rename option. Now you have to rename the file extension from .ini to .old and save it. Repeat the same process for all the Paysub files found in the search result.
Hope that if you follow the methods that are discussed above, then you will successfully resolve the QuickBooks Update Error 15270. You just need to choose which method works for you. These are some of the best methods for resolving this particular error of Quickbooks software.