QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 is a frequent problem for the Quickbooks users, when they try to upgrade their Operating System to the latest version. Due to this error, users are not able to send invoices and payslips which lead to further inconvenience for the business owners. That’s why today we will provide you a complete guide to fix the error code 20 with a few simple tricks:
Few Reasons for the QuickBooks Error Code 20
There are three main reasons available which can cause the QuickBooks Error Code 20. These are-
- 75% of the time this error code occurs when the HKey_current_config\Software key got deleted. Several programs employ the same registry key, as a result sometimes it causes malfunctioning of system function. Other than this, Quickbooks also stop its functioning when the key gets expired.
- When you are running a different version of QuickBooks in the same device, then this error problem can also occur. Using the different version of QuickBooks in a device is not harmful or impossible as long as each of them has their own directories.
- If you are seeing the message while you are saving an invoice or payslip as pdf, then there is a high chance that the error problem occurs because the pdf driver is not compatible with your Operating System.
Quick Solution for QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20
Now that you have learned the main causes of the error code 20, you can easily identify the root cause of the problem for your device and choose the appropriate method to solve it. So without wasting any more time, let’s check the quick hacks to fix the problem:
Hack #1: Manually update the registry
This specific method is for the users who are looking for “quickbooks printer not activated error code 20 windows 10”. So, follow it carefully to manually update the registry key without any further issue.
- Open the home screen of your device and type cmd in the search box.
- From the search result, you have to right click on the cmd to Run it as an Administrator.
- Now in the Black Box of the Command Prompt, type “Powershell” and hit the Enter key
- Once you press the Enter Button, copy the below mention command and paste it in your command prompt box:
PowerShell.exe -NoProfile -NoLogo -NonInteractive -Command “$key = [Microsoft.Win32.Registry]::CurrentConfig.OpenSubKey(‘Software’,[Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKeyPermissionCheck]::ReadWriteSubTree,[System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryRights]::ChangePermissions); $acl =$key.GetAccessControl(); $rule = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryAccessRule (‘Users’,’FullControl’,’ObjectInherit,ContainerInherit’,’None’,’Allow’); $acl.SetAccessRule($rule); $key.SetAccessControl($acl);”
Once you complete the above mentioned process check your error status.
Hack #2: Granting Permission using the Registry Editor
If you think the error problem is occuring in your device because of the permission issue with the Registry Key then follow the below methods;
- Type regedit on the search box of your home screen and right click on the search result to Run it as Administrator
- Now that you have the access to the registry editor as administrator, search the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG folder and open it.
- Then, found the Software folder within it and right click on it to select the permission.
- Selecting the permission option will open a new Window. Check if the user has full control over the table and make modification if needed for the QuickBooks. After verifying or modifying it Click Ok and close the registry editor.
Following these methods will give access to the keys for QuickBooks and the error problem will be resolved.
Hack #3: Restart the Printer Spooler Service
Now, if none of the methods work for you till now then next you can try is restart Printer Spooler Service to solve the QuickBooks error.
- To start the repair process insert the QuickBooks Disk and open the Run Dialogue box by using the Windows Key+R
- Next type the services.msc in the run box.
- Now select the Printer Spooler from the service list and Right Click on it to click on the Stop option.
- Once you stop the function, wait for a few minutes and right click on the file again and select the Start option to restart the Printer Spooler Service.
Now, exit the window and check if the QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20 gets resolved or not.
Hack #4: Repairing QBPrint File
Another potential way to resolve the error problem is repairing the QBPrint File. To use the method Insert your QuickBooks disk and open the Run Dialogue box. Then type appwiz.cpl in the box and hit Ok button. Next, you have to select the QuickBooks application from the given application list Window. Now, go through the simple on-screen instructions to start the repair. Once the repair is finished, restart your computer to fix the error.
Hack #5: Repair Microsoft Document Writer
In some cases, Microsoft Document Writer cause this particular error problem for few QuickBooks user. So fixing it will completely remove the error problem from your device. To use the Method follow the below steps:
- In the beginning, open your device’s home screen and Right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Then from the given option, select the Properties and click on the Open File Location.
- Next, you have to Double click on the PDF Converter file from the new window to install the application.
- Now, return to the Windows home screen and search the control printers. From the search results open the Printers window and press Ok.
- In this step, you have to follow a different path depending on your operating system,
- For Windows 7 you have to Right-Click on the Amyuni Document Converter and click on the Printer Properties
- For Windows XP or Vista you have to Right-Click on the Amyuni Document Converter and click on the Rename.
- Now, to complete the whole process Enter the correct name depending on the QuickBooks version and hit the Enter button.
For QuickBooks PDF Converter: QuickBooks 2007, 2008, 2009 R1-R8, 2009 R11
For QuickBooks PDF Converter 2.0: QuickBooks 2010 R1-R2, QuickBooks 2010 R6
QuickBooks PDF Converter 3.0: QuickBooks 2010 R3-R5, QuickBooks 2009 R9-R10
We hope these methods will be able to solve your problem related to Quickbooks Printer Not activated error code 20.