QuickBooks is an amazing accounting software which is known for its impeccable features. QuickBooks software is an ideal choice for those who run a small or medium scale business. However, the QB application is not perfect. It can show many technical glitches that occur in the form of an error code. These errors, once encountered, hampers the use of this much useful software. QuickBooks error 324 is an example of a much common QuickBooks error. The error code 324 mostly occurs when online QuickBooks users try to update their bank’s feeds. After the occurence of this error, users get a message reading ‘unable to find account’ on their screen.
In this article, we are going to learn about this irritating error code and also assist you to get rid of this QuickBooks error 324 in quick and simple steps.
Why QuickBooks Error 324 Occurs?
This undermentioned section is crucial for you as you may not know what are the possible reasons for the occurrence of this error code. In these sections, we will make you aware of those facts so that you can take precautions for the next time.
Mentioned below is a full list of all the possible causes that may be responsible for the generation of this QuickBooks banking error 324 on your display. Have a look:
- Sometimes you may face this issue if your bank has moved all of your account related information to another server.
- What many users do is to first assign a nickname to their account and after some time change it. If you ever did this, then don’t do it again, as it is a valid reason behind this error code.
- In case your bank has changed your account information such as account number or your cc number then also you may need to deal with this issue.
- If you use two accounts and you give the same name of those files, then also you may encounter this QB error code on your system.
- Occasionally, outdated QuickBooks software may lead towards this error.
- If your computer or laptop is affected by malware, then also you might see this error 324 on your system.
Now have a look at the signs of this QB error code.
Signs of Quickbooks Error 324 :
Have a look at the below-mentioned symptoms of the QB error code 324.
- Error 324 continuously pops up on your windows screen
- All the active applications will stop immediately
- Windows response slowly to the keyboard
- Your machine ‘freezes’ periodically
Additionally, you can not do anything with your QuickBooks software. However, you don’t need to be worried as we are here for you. In the undermentioned sections, we have guided you with some effective steps that will surely help you to overcome this issue.
Quickbooks Error Code 324: Steps you Need to Follow to Resolve
To resolve this issue, at first, a customer has to log into their bank account using the appropiate bank’s URL. After clicking on the link, you have to provide your username and your password, and after that, you need to click on the Sign in option. Then this error code may appear on your screen. What you need to do is to tap on the ‘reconnect my account’ link, that may be present below this error code.
In case the link does not open, you may need to update your bank account manually. For more solutions take look at the sections mentioned below.
Update your Online QuickBooks Account
All the QB users have a choice. They can update their online QuickBooks banking either automatically or manually to resolve this QuickBooks error 324. The updating procedure of both the processes is perfect, however, most of the banks do not allow the automatic update as they think that the manual update is the best choice for the customers. Here, we have discussed both methods.
Regarding the Automatic update, you need to keep some additional information on your mind, and that is, the automatic update process begins at 3 am at night. If by chance the updating process fails, then you have to wait for 5 hrs for updating your account again.
Bank share the automatic update related information on a monthly, weekly or daily basis.
Also, one important information that you should be aware of is that you can not force the bank to forcefully start or stop the updating process. It totally depends on the bank. That’s why most of the users prefer the manual update procedure. One common questions that may arise to all the users is ‘How can they see the exact timing of updating?’ Well, the answer lies in the method itself. The automatic update process is briefly discussed below.
At first, you need to select the Bank option from the left menu. After that, you need to choose the Update button that may locate on the right-hand corner of your account. Now, click on the Update option that notifies you about your upgrading status and also inform you when your updating is finished.
Now, let’s focus on the manual update procedure.
If your bank offers only the manual update, then you can see the notification on the bank page. If you select the automatic update option but still it is not updating, it simply means you need to go through the manual update. To do that, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you need to go to the error message window and tap on the Reconnect My Account option.
- Choose the account that you want to link. If you do not see any option that will help you to reconnect your account, then you should click on the Update button to manually update your account.
If the QuickBooks error 324 still persists on your QB software, go to the next method.
Add a new Account to your online QuickBooks
You need to go through the below steps if your bank changes your account information. QuickBooks wants to verify your new credentials which you are using to log in to your online bank account.
- First, go to the home page of your online QuickBooks and select Banking from the left panel.
- Within the Banking Section, you have to expand the full list and from there you should select the Add account option.
- Find and select your bank’s name from the available list and then, enter your online credentials
- Click the Continue button and tap on the Security Connect, and after that, you should click on the bank symbol
- Now select Bank account from the Account type drop-down list.
- Click on Add New for adding a new account and click on the Connect option
- Wait until the last three-month transactions have been completed
- Once the download completes, go back to your online QuickBooks to view your status.
After that this QuickBooks error 324 should not trouble you any more.
Now you are aware of all the possible techniques that will help you to resolve this QuickBooks issue. After going through this article carefully and with the help of this above-mentioned troubleshooting techniques, hopefully, you can resolve this issue on your own.