Although QuickBooks helps users for registering all the transactional data and reports between the companies. But some times users complained that they are getting error codes and messages while using QuickBooks.Among all the glitches, QuickBooks error 6123 occurs while users are updating their QuickBooks application on their device.
At the same time, while you open a company file or updating a company file you can get the same problem as well.
This invalid error code won’t allow you to restore a backup. An error message constantly showing up on the display leaving you puzzled.
In case, if you are also going through the same problem you have to go through the entire guide and then implement the steps one by another.
Why QuickBooks Error Code 6123 Appears On the Display?
As we have mentioned that while users try a restore company files of QuickBooks from the hard disk they encounter the 6123 code. As soon as you find this code you have to know the reasons behind the error code.
- If the Quickbooks program files or the data files get damaged or corrupted then there is a chance of getting this code.
- When the Block Web Bugs filter option is chosen in your McAfee antivirus then it might restrict you from opening the QuickBooks application from their device.
- If your firewall security is blocking a port what is necessary for the communication purpose with the server hosting then you might find QuickBooks 6123 error code.
- If you are running several versions of QuickBooks database service then it might lead you the same error code.
- When the Windows version gets outdated or corrupted the error code 6123 appears on the display.
- Due to virus or malware attack, your QuickBooks account may not be opened and you get this error code.
Indications of QuickBooks Error Code 6123
Before going to the solution part you have should know the indications that the users should know and ignore.
- Random crashes with the active program and QuickBooks.
- Your device may freeze for a few seconds.
- Error code constantly showing up on the screen.
Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6123- Stepwise Guidance
Take a look at the recommended solutions that are given below. We strongly recommend you not to make any mistake while implementing the steps.
Solution 1: Rename .ND Along with .TLG File
- The very first thing you have to do is to launch the folder where the company file is stored.
- After that, select the file that is associated with .ND.
- Then, choose the company file by right-clicking on it and select the Rename option.
- Here you have to rename the .ND file as .ND.OLD.
- Now, select the .TLG file by clicking on it and also rename this file.
- Rename the .TLG file as .TLG.OLD and at the final step, launch QuickBooks Company File.
- At the final step, restart your device and check if the error still occurs or not.
Solution 2: Disable System Security Programs
If the first method is not helpful for you then turning off the security programs might help you to get rid of the error. So, at first, navigate to the Start button and click on it. After that, select Settings and tap on it.
Then, navigate to choose Update & Security tab and tap on it. Now, select Virus & Threat protection icon. Move to the next page and click on “Manage Settings”.
Here, you have to turn off the Real-time protection option. At the final step, restart your device and check if the error code is still showing up or not.
Solution 3: Create a New Windows User
In case the current Windows User Login gets corrupted then there is a high possibility of getting this error. In that situation, you have to create a new windows user by following steps.
- So, first of all, launch the Control Panel tab and navigate to the options list.
- Just click on the “Create New User Choice option” that is located under the User tab.
- Then, select the Administrator option for the user type.
- Move to the next page and you have to log out from the existing tab.
- Now, reboot your computer and do login by using the new credentials.
- From here, you have to move the company file to the desktop and then restart QuickBooks.
- Finally, check if the same error is still showing up or not.
Solution 4: Repair Registry Entries
At first, click on the Start button and navigate to the Search box. Here, you have to type “command” and press down the Enter button. Now, you may be asked to give permission. So, click on Yes and type “regedit” in the blank box.
Press down the Enter button and let the corrupted file identify. As well as you can also choose the QuickBooks associated files by simply going to the File menu. Now, click on the export button and rename the folder where you saved the backup.
This entire process is bit time-taking. So keep waiting until the process gets completed. Once the process gets over, tap on the Save button and then OK. Finally, check the status of the error code.
Solution 5: Run Windows System File Checker
For repairing the corrupted entries you have to perform the System File Checker by following the steps. Many users reported that this error got solved after executing the SFC scan. So first, you have to choose the Start button and click on it.
After that, press down the Ctrl and Shift button at the same time and tap on the Enter button for once. Once the Permission Dialog box opens on the display you have to enter the “sfc/scannow” in the search bar and again click on the Enter button.
This process will repair the faulty registries that are associated with the error code 6123. At the final step, restart your device and check if the solution is reliable or not.
After implementing the above troubleshooting methods you can resolve QuickBooks 6123 error code. But in case if you face any further difficulties then contact with professionals and let them help you.