Though QuickBooks is a renowned accounting software, it also have some technical problems. One such problem is the QuickBooks error PS077. When you are going to download the QuickBooks payroll update, an error message suddenly crops up on your screen, saying ‘QuickBooks is having trouble installing payroll tax table update’.
Therefore, if you get the same error message while updating the software, you need to know the fixing methods in order to resolve the error code PS077. Thus, you can try the below-mentioned solutions in order to eliminate the error code PS077. Hence, follow the article until the end and fix it properly.
Reasons for the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
There are multiple reasons responsible for the QuickBooks Payroll error PS 007. For instances:
- Files damage is the main reason behind the error code PS007.
- Due to the incorrect or backdated billing information.
- If you do not have any registered on your QuickBooks, then you may face the error code PS007.
- If the tax files in the payrolls folder are corrupted or may be invalid then you might face the error code PS007.
- It may appear when your payroll subscription is expired.
- While subscription if you enter wrong details, then the error code occur.
Hence you receive the error code PS007 in QuickBooks Payroll software, then you cannot perform the installation of the payroll tax table.
Preventive Measures to be taken to Eradicate QuickBooks error ps077
Before proceeding to the solutions, you need to take some precautions to prevent the QuickBooks error PS077. Like, you need back up all the stored data in a memory card:
- Restart your QuickBooks. Ensure that the registration in QuickBooks is complete and done properly and the software registers in your desktop.
- Make sure that QuickBooks Payroll Software is up to date and check the billing information is also up to date or correctly installed on your system.
- After that, try to run a repair on the software.
- If you are Windows Vista, 7 or 8 users, then disable the User Account Control. Later, try to update the application after turning off the User Account Control. You need to note down the QuickBooks Desktop License Number. In the next steps, you need to put the License Number.
- Before proceeding further, you need to confirm that in your system only one QuickBooks Desktop installed.
- Further, download the latest and an updated version of payroll tax tables and install it.
- Re-sort the menu lists. After that, select Verify Data or Rebuild Data process.
- You need to a clean uninstall in the Selective Startup.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks code PS 007?
You can also troubleshoot this error code using several methods. Try to follow all the methods carefully, and select which one is best for you:
Fix # 1: Disable the User Account Control and Windows
If you are facing the error code then first, you need to turn off the User Account Control in order to fix the error code. Hence, follow the section below and apply the methods to get rid of the error code.
Open Run box by selecting the Win key + R key from the keyboard.
Enter Control Panel in the Run box and hot the Enter button.
In the Control Panel option search for the User Account option and select the option. After that click on the Change User Account Control Settings option.
After that, select the Yes option and scroll down in the below section and then, disable the User Account Control.
Lastly, after successfully complete the above steps restart the system and try to update the QuickBooks software and check if the error still there or not.
Fix # 2: Run Verify or Rebuild Data tool
Another effective solution is to rebuild data tools on your system.
- Launch QuickBooks on your system and from the File menu select the Utilities option.
- After that, click on the Verify Data and wait until the process complete.
- If your QuickBooks software affected by the error code when it detects from the data files and then, tries to run the Rebuild Data tools on your system.
- In the Utilities option select File menu and click on the Rebuild option.
- Run the Verify Data tools again on the system.
Fix # 4: Restart your system in the Safe Mood
First, reboot your system and press Shift key until the desktop screen awake. Then, open the QuickBooks Payroll software and check if the [roblem still there or not. If you still getting the error code PS007, then try to open your system in Safe Mode. To open the software in the Safe Mode, turn off the system and reopen it after pressing ESC key from the keyboard. You will get the Safe Mode option. Select that and you can open the system in Safe mode.
Fix # 5: Add a New User Account
In order to fix the error code, PS007 create a new account and note the user name and password. Next when you try to open the QuickBooks log in with the new user name.
Hope through the solutions that we discussed in the earlier section, you will able to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS007 easily and you can fix the error code with your own.