Quickbooks is one of the most popular financial application software, which is nowadays used by several small and large businesses and companies for managing their business in an easy way. But sometimes, you might face some problem with Quickbooks software, while working on it. Everyone who uses the Quickbook software for managing their financial transactions never wanted to face any error in it. Quickbooks unexpected error 5 is a very common problem faced by most of the Quickbooks user. Whenever they wanted to log in with their Quickbook software, they face some pop-up message which describes “Got unexpected error5 in the call to NetShareGetInfo for path”. Once if this error occurs, it restricts you from using QuickBooks properly. Thus, you need to resolve this error as soon as possible so that you can take advantage of this software without any complications. If you are encountering this error, then do not worry. In this article, we will discuss the possible steps to fix Quickbooks unexpected error 5. Just follow the article carefully and perform the actions as mentioned.
Core Reasons Which Pertains to Quickbooks Unexpected Error 5:
Check the list of the main causes of Quickbooks unexpected error 5 and then we will discuss how to fix this error. So let’s take a look at the main causes:
- Wrong installation of the software
- Failure of correctly run operations or application components.
- Deleting the important system file or registry entry
- Invalidation of the registry entry
- Due to power failure, the improper system shuts down
- For virus and malware attack
- Malfunction of the system operation
Exceptional Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5:
Now as you have known the main causes which led to this particular error in Quickbooks, now we will discuss all the solutions to fix QuickBooks unexpected error 5. Just follow the steps below one-by-one to eliminate this error:
Fix 1: Scan the Computer
- If you have any scanning software, then do a full system scan. If not then, you have to download it from play store service.
- On the desktop, save all the files so that it can access the file easily
- Once the downloading procedure is completed, then install it
- After that, click on the Yes option to run the software and open it
- Now, scan the full system to check the entire damages areas
- After that, click on the Start repair option.
If this procedure does not help, then move on to the next solution described below.
Fix 2: Download and Run the Quickbook file doctor
Sometimes, with the QuickBooks file doctor tool, you can easily solve Quickbooks unexpected error 5. For that, just act in accordance with the steps stated below:
- Go to the official website of QuickBooks and download the Quickbooks file doctor tool. After that, you need to run this tool on your system.
- This will automatically find all the folders present in the system.
- Then, the user has to give full access to set up it via permission level setting
After performing the above steps, if you still can’t fix the Quickbooks unexpected error 5, then the next method will surely do it.
Fix 3: File Share Access
This solution is fully based on the Windows operating system that you are using on your PC. To give permission to file share access, you can follow the steps described below:
- At first, open the File Explorer.
- Then, select the properties tab. After that, click on the sharing tab
- As per your business needs, you can select full sharing and partial sharing option
- Now, click on the Apply button and after that, click on the OK button to apply the changes.
You can apply this procedure in any operating system (Windows 10,7,8, Vista).
Some Additional Solutions:
Apart from the above-mentioned solutions, there are some more which you can easily implement in your system to fix this particular error. You need to check the Quickbooks installation, if it seems some problem in the installation part, then reinstall it. You can also try the Windows registry portion. If you see any problem in the registry, then try to fix it.
- You can also check for the spam and malware attack. If your system has any virus protection software, then run it.
- Check the Windows update. If you are using an old version of Windows, then you may face this error. So update your Windows regularly and you should work in the latest version to solve this issue.
- You can also check that this software is working properly or not because some times, the software contains the problem itself.
- If you delete any files related to this software, then you have to download it again it may fix this problem
- If your system automatically shuts down in a small time interval, then also this error occurs so you need to fix it.
There is no doubt that by following any of the above steps, you can easily fix this error. This article gives you a brief idea about how can you fix Quickbooks unexpected error 5. Hope that it will help you to fix this problem. But still, if you have any question, then you can leave it in the comment section below.