QuickBooks error 1334 is one of the most severe errors which appears during installation or repairing of QuickBooks on a desktop. The error 1334 always ask you to confirm whether you have access to the directory or not. The error demands that you install QuickBooks using a new installation CD. It happens due to some damaged installation files or due to corrupted .NET framework. It’s quite frustrating when you have a lot of works to do on your desktop and suddenly the QuickBooks displays an error 1334. So, if you are encountering this error and you don’t know what to do and how to resolve it, then this article will surely help you to resolve this issue. In this article, we will explore some possible causes for this error along with the solutions to resolve it.
Probable Causes for QuickBooks Error 1334
Virus or the malware infection is the first and foremost reason which results in this error 1334. If your Windows registry is corrupted from new QuickBooks-related software, then also it can cause this error. Sometimes, if the QuickBooks software is installed incompletely, then you will get an error 1334 message on your screen. Similarly, if you have mistakenly deleted any Quickbook-related files or have downloaded a corrupted version of QuickBooks, then this can result in error 1334. If and when this error show on your desktop, it will not work properly and behave abnormally which we will discuss in the next section.
A Few Symptoms Related to QuickBooks Error 1334
Whenever the error 1334 appears on your screen, your system will shut down during installation. Sometimes, your PC freezes periodically and the system responds slowly to your keyboard or mouse. The error 1334 crashes all the active program windows and the system runs slowly. Therefore, it is important to troubleshoot the error in each of the possible ways to prevent the error from occuring again. Go through the next section and catch the amazing hacks to troubleshoot the error in no time.
Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1334
Here are some methods of troubleshooting to resolve the QuickBooks error 1334. We recommend you to follow the methods one by one to avoid unnecessary time and effort.
Method 1: Clean Installation of QuickBooks
Uninstalling and then reinstalling the QuickBooks accounting software is one of the best ways to fix the error 1334. Follow the steps below to clean install QuickBooks.
- Turn on your Windows system and go to the Control Panel. View by large icons and click on Programs and Features.
- In the new window that opens, click on QuickBooks application.
- Next, click on uninstall to remove the application successfully.
- Now, open a web browser, visit the official website of QuickBooks, and download “QuickBooks_clean_install.exe” file. Now, save it on your desktop to do a clean installation.
- Again, follow the on-screen instructions and click on that application to install QuickBooks.
- Install the application to the default location once you receive a message which says “QuickBooks is ready to clean install”.
- Click “OK” to continue.
Once done with all the steps, restart your computer and check whether the issue is gone or not. If the issue still persists, try another method below.
Method 2: Clean The System Junk
Junk files are such files which are created during installation of any application and gets saved on your hard drive. The junk files always prevent your PC to work smoothly. So, it is important to remove all the junk files which include all unnecessary files, folders, and all the temporary files. To clean the system junk, go through the steps below.
- Turn your desktop on and click on the “Start” button.
- In the search box on your desktop and type “Command”.
- Now, press CTRL+Shift at the same time on your keyboard and press “Enter” to get prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Hit a click on “Yes” to open a black box. Type “cleanmgr” in that box and hit “Enter”.
- Check all the boxes you want to clean once the cleanup dialog box open.
- At last, hit a click on “OK” to start the junk cleanup process.
Restart the computer once done with all the process correctly.
Hope this article was beneficial enough to guide you on how to deal with the situation if you got a QuickBooks error 1334. We’ve discussed all the possible causes and the solutions to resolve this issue. In case, you find the issue still persists, it’s better you leave your system to a professional or take help of computer expert and get your QuickBooks error 1334 repaired. Lastly, we recommend you to drop a comment below to let us know about your opinion.