QuickBooks has pioneered in the market as one of the most popular accounting software for small business. As many people have opted for this software, they often encounter QuickBooks error. For this reason, the article points out what is error 3 and how to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error.
Every software you use will have some kind of technical glitches. But there are also solutions to fix it. As a result, this article will guide you through some effective solutions to overcome QuickBooks Error. But before you read the troubleshooting part, first know what is error and why did it occur.
You can receive two errors. One is Error 3 and the other is Error 1603. Both the errors have the similar symptom. This occurs due to:
- Error 3- Problem in installing Flash Player
- Error 1603- Problem in installing Flash Player
At times, you will not receive any of the error codes, either error 3 or error 1603.
Why QuickBooks Error?
There can be several reasons when an error code occurs. Often times the main reason remains incomprehensible. But when error code occurs, it is mostly assumed as-
- Unable to install a Flash Player due to an old and outdated version of Adobe Flash Player.
- An interruption in installing Flash Player due to corrupted Microsoft Windows Installer.
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error
So, now that you are aware of what is QuickBooks error or error 1603, you can try these simple tricks to troubleshoot it.
Download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player
The first step that you need to follow is downloading the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. Download it to the Adobe download site. This site will provide you with all the guidelines for installation of Flash Player. Follow these guidelines appropriately and then install QuickBooks Desktop to avoid any kind of mishap.
Most importantly, when you are downloading the Flash Player make sure you have strong access to network connectivity.
Check that Flash Player is properly installed
This is very important and users often neglect this step. Check and recheck whether you have correctly installed the Flash Player. For this, follow these three simple steps and install it in a correct way.
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or Remove Programs
- There you check out for ‘Adobe Flash Player’ to see whether it is properly installed.
Insert Quickbooks installation Disc on Computer’s Disc Drive
You can also choose this alternative even if downloading the latest version of Adobe Flash Player has failed. This process can troubleshoot Quickbooks Error.
Follow on-screen Prompts
You can also follow the on-screen prompts when you install QuickBooks because your device should also recognize the installation of Flash Player. This will prevent error code 3.
Tips to Remember
- Versions of Flash Player that are newer than version 7 can be accessed to QuickBooks.
- If you are still unable to recover error 3 use Windows Explorer and browse the installation disc. Find a file named as “QuickBooks.msi” available in “QBooks” folder. Install QuickBooks by running this program. You don’t have to check for Flash Player 7.
- Install third-party dependencies if QuickBooks Desktop fails to run after Flash Player is installed with QuickBooks.msiinstaller.
- QuickBooks Desktop Trial Version does not support QuickBooks.msi installer.
I hope, these simple hacks have helped you to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error. But if these have not assisted you to resolve your error, you don’t need to freak out.
QuickBooks has technical experts to fix any error codes you might be dealing with. There can be several error codes occurring when you are using QuickBooks. So consult with technical expertise at +1-888-223-5549 to avoid errors.